Here is a brief summary of the truths we believe:
- The Bible is the inspired, infallible, inerrant Word of the Living God.
- There is one eternal God who exists in Three Persons (God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit).
- God is absolutely sovereign over all His creatures, things, and events.
- Jesus Christ is the incarnate Son of God, the Second Person of the glorious Trinity. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life of perfect obedience to God’s Law, died on the cross as a substitute for His people, rose bodily from the dead on the third day, and then He ascended into heaven.
- All mankind comes into this world spiritually dead with a sinful nature. As sinners we are unable to do anything that is pleasing to God, or to save ourselves from the judgment we deserve.
- God commands all men everywhere to repent and to believe the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is by grace of God alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, entirely apart from human merit.
- The Church is composed of only repentant and believing sinners who confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior in believers' baptism, and submit to His rule and authority as set forth in the Scriptures.
- Jesus Christ is presently reigning as the Son of Man in heaven on behalf of His people. One day soon, He is coming again to judge the world in righteousness.
- Christians have the solemn obligation to conduct themselves at all times in a manner worthy of the Gospel they profess to believe.
For a more thorough summary of our beliefs, please read our confession, the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith.